TMD dampers reduce vibration by converting the vibration energy of structures into eddy current, which is produced by relative motion between a permanent magnet and a conduction plate, and then dispersed as heat.
Features and structure of TMD dampers
Features of TMD dampers
- Directly attachable to structures subject to vibration damping without requiring reaction force receivers.
- The use of non-contact movable parts eliminates the need for maintenance.
- The magnets used remain almost permanently effective.
- They remain effective even against irregular vibrations such as earthquakes.
Structure of TMD dampers (image)
* We can design TMD dampers in line with various conditions. For more information, please contact our sales liaison team.