Variable Spring Hangers
Variable Spring Hangers & Supports are used for supporting piping and equipment where vertical movement is required. They are generally used at points where stress due to load variation does not have a harmful effect on the overall piping system. Allowable load variability is generally within 25% of the design load as described in MSS-SP-58. Evaluations are required where the piping has high flexibility, to ensure stress changes due to the load variation does not overstress the piping system.
Standard Model & Type
(1) Suspension Types
(2) Floor Mount Types
Applicable Load and Travel Range
|Maximum Travel Range||30mm～170mm|
Ranges of Load and Travel vary for each Travel Series (VS1, VS2, VSL2, VS4, VSL4) and Sizes (0~23).
For details, please see our Catalog No.2010 HUGR or contact our sales or engineering department.
Standard Design Features of STC Variable Spring Hangers are as follows:
- Following types are provided:
- Suspension Model & Type — Model VSA, Type B and C
- Floor Mount Model & Type — Model VSB, Type D and F
- A helical coil spring is pre-compressed and enclosed in the hanger casing to minimize its installation height and time of erection.
- The spring coils are easily visible for inspection through a full length opening on both sides of the casing.
- Extra travel is provided for each spring hanger & support at the upper and lower ends of the scale plate to allow for travel beyond the catalog limit.
- Each suspension type hanger (Type B and C) is equipped with a Turnbuckle for field adjustment of hanger rod length.
- Type F spring support is supplied with a Load Flange for pipe or pipe shoe mounting.
- Load-Travel Indicator is integral with Piston Plate.
- Applicable Load Ranges from 0.059kN to 248.89kN
- Maximum Travel for each Series
- VSA 1 — 30mm
- VSA 2 —– 60mm
- VSA L2 — 85mm
- VSA 4 — 120mm
- VSA L4 — 170mm